For a good cause...
Woodgrove Centre supports the community in many ways. Many charitable organizations have set up at Woodgrove Centre to raise money and awareness over the years. Read on and find out how your charitable group can too. Check out the calendar to find out what charity events are planned already.
Who can use the Community Booth?
Any non-profit charitable groups, organizations or clubs that are able to provide a government-sanctioned charitable number are eligible to take advantage of the complimentary space in the common area at Woodgrove Centre - (examples of groups that may be eligible are the Cancer Society, the United Way, local school boards, sports teams, boy scouts and service clubs). The location must be used solely for fundraising and information awareness or registration events.
Want to apply?
If you represent a charity or non-profit organization and wish to set up at Woodgrove Centre, please send us:
- Detailed information about your group
- The nature of the event (e.g. selling raffle tickets, informational display, registration, demonstrations, fundraising)
- Contact information
- Dates requested
Please submit your request via this web site, or send it with complete details by mail, or fax:
Barbara Dobbyn, Guest Services Supervisor
102-6631 Island Hwy N.
Nanaimo, BC V9T 4T7
Phone: 250.390.2721 Fax: 250.390.2005
Upon approval, your organization will be required to complete:
- Sign a Temporary Occupancy Agreement (TOA)
- Submit $2 million liability insurance naming Woodgrove Holdings Inc., Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc.,Ivanhoe Cambridge I Inc., Ivanhoe Cambridge II Inc.,OPB Finance Trust II and Ontario Pension Board as additional insured
- Submit 2 years previous financial statements