It’s the little things that make a big difference. In November 2010, Woodgrove launched its very own organic recycling program, conveniently located in the food court.
To help, at each station we’ve included a list of things that can be composted and a list of things that can’t. Together we can help divert tonnes of compostable material from the landfill and make Nanaimo an even more beautiful place.
It’s time to take recycling to the next level.
THINGS YOU CAN COMPOST
- All fruits & vegetables
- Dairy products
- Baked goods
- Paper plates & cups
- Paper towels & napkins
- Wooden chopsticks & stir sticks
- Meat, fish, poultry & bones
THINGS YOU CAN’T COMPOST
- Creamers, straws, plastic utensils
- Bags, wrappers, plastic wrap, condiment packs
- Styrofoam cups, lids, packaging
- All metals: lids, tin, aluminium foil, cutlery