Contest Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to contestants who participate in the Woodgrove Centre Hallows’ Eve Live Costume Contest on October 29, 2022. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of British Columbia and is void where prohibited by law. Parental consent is required for all registrees under 12 years of age. Employees of Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“you”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre INC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Monday, October 17, 2022, at 10:00 am PST until Saturday, October 29, 2022, at 3:00 pm PST.
Pre-registration dates are from Monday, October 17, 2022, at 10:00 am PST until Friday, October 28, 2022, at 12:00 pm PST. All entries must be received by 12:00 pm PST on Friday, October 28, 2022.
Hallows’ Eve Live Costume Contest will take place at Woodgrove Centre on Saturday, October 29, 2022 from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm PST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by participating in the Woodgrove Centre Hallows’ Eve Live Costume Contest on Saturday, October 29, 2022 from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm PST. Pre-registration is required from October 17, 2022 at 10:00 am to Friday, October 28, 2022 at 12:00 pm PST. LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE. Contestants must pre-register in advance for the category of choice at Guest Services or call 250.390.2721. PARENTAL CONSENT is required for all registrees under 12 years of age. CATEGORIES: Toddlers (0 – 4 years) | Kids (5 – 12 years) | Youth/Adult (13+ years) | Duo (2 persons) | Group (3+ persons). PHOTO CONSENT: All participants must sign and complete a photo consent form at time of contest entry (October 29, 2022). Individuals 18 years or younger, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign the photo consent form. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive:
- Group Prize: $1000 Woodgrove Centre Gift Card
- Duo Prize: $500 Woodgrove Centre Gift Card
- Youth/Adult Prize: $500 Woodgrove Centre Gift Card
- Kids Prize: $500 Woodgrove Centre Gift Card
- Toddler Prize: $250 Woodgrove Centre Gift Card
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6.Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible contestants.
7.Winner Selection and Notification: Participants will be judged on a scale from 1-10 on effort, creativity, presentation, and execution. The judges are a panel of volunteers from Nanaimo & District Crime Stoppers. Judging panel shall determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final. Winners will be notified via their preferred method of contact on Monday, October 31, 2022 before 2 pm (PST). Winner(s) will be required to complete a waiver form to claim their prize. Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc shall have no liability for winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by winner of the prize offered in this campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CENTRAL WALK WOODGROVE SHOPPING CENTRE INC‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8.Rights Granted by you: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc, anyone acting on behalf of Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc, and Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9.Terms & Conditions: Central Walk Woodgrove Shopping Centre Inc reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond CENTRAL WALK WOODGROVE SHOPPING CENTRE INC’S control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the campaign. CENTRAL WALK WOODGROVE SHOPPING CENTRE INC’S reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, CENTRAL WALK WOODGROVE SHOPPING CENTRE INC’S reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10.Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless CENTRAL WALK WOODGROVE SHOPPING CENTRE INC’S and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11.Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND BRITISH COLUMBIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in CANADA/BRITISH COLUMBIA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13.Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: CENTRAL WALK WOODGROVE SHOPPING CENTRE INC’S, 102-6631 Island Hwy North, Nanaimo, British Columbia, V9T 4T7, Canada.
14.Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is CENTRAL WALK WOODGROVE SHOPPING CENTRE INC’S, 102-6631 Island Hwy North, Nanaimo, British Columbia, V9T 4T7, Canada.
15.The Campaign hosted by CENTRAL WALK WOODGROVE SHOPPING CENTRE INC’S is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16.___ By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.